Tuesday, August 3, 2010


This week my creative endeavours were limited to sculpting with playdough, drawing with crayons, playing dress-up and the most challenging of the lot, coming up with impromptu stories to tell my son as he drifted off to sleep. These stories are his latest fascination and he asks for them multiple times per day (rather than just at bedtime) not even waiting for one to finish before asking for another. Sometimes I tell him embellished tales of my childhood or journeys in foreign countries, the story of how he was born or of when mommy and daddy met, but I also make up stories to exercise my imagination. There once was a _ who ......Some leave a lot to be desired, others have potential. I keep notes on the latter in case someday I might develop them into something publishable. You never know. It's really a great way to keep the mind sharp and the creative juices flowing. Try it with your favourite toddler!

Interestingly as I have been taking care of myself more and opening up, other creative ideas have been flowing too. I am in the process of developing a number of ideas for community projects and organisations and hope to turn some of them into a career. Stay tuned for more news on that. The lesson is, make time, nurture yourself and your creativity and a trickle turns into a waterfall!

The August chapter page in Simple Abundance states, "Let a seasonally sanctioned sojourn of slow joys refill the authentic reservoir of creative energy. This month on the Simple Abundance path we commit to discovering, acknowledging, appreciating, owning, and honouring our authentic gifts, transforming not only our own lives, but the lives of those we love." In the first entry for the month she mentions that we each posess an exquisite extraordinary gift and she suggests we devote August to discovering, recovering and celebrating our creativity, the sacred conduit to access our authentic self. Its never too late to reclaim our gifts, resuscitate a dream and live authentically.....so let's take time to daydream this month. Happy creating.

Love and Peace XX

No comments:

Post a Comment