Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Falling


In my previous post I wrote about my work in my art therapy group. That night my images were of women without feet. As i was leaving the building I lost my footing and fell down a flight of stairs. I didn't think much of it until the next day. When I woke I could barely move I was in such pain from the impact and my ankles, shins and knees were scraped and bruised. It took me a few days to recover. The connection between my artwork and the fall didn't occur to me until now. Perhaps i needed to fall in order to find my feet again.
Over the last couple of weeks I have been busy with the hunt for a new job but creative ideas continue to flow. As inspiration I have covered an entire wall in my home with my son's artwork , a beautiful reminder of a pure creative impulse. Without trying to create something specific, just exploring colours and movement, he creates such incredible beauty.
Happy Creating. Love and Peace XX

No comments:

Post a Comment